BLS International, the organisation assigned to manage and operate the 2,147 Sewa Kendras across Punjab, employs an army of 4800 youth to processes 500,000 applications a month; Thus, transforming lives of its citizens by bringing to their doorstep government services in the most transparent and accountable manner.
E-governance in Punjab has empowered its citizens to access government services under one roof in the most clear and obligated manner through its 2,147 Sewa Kendras - 1,758 in the rural and 389 in urban areas in the state for a last-mile connectivity that is unparalleled in India. BLS International in the month of March 2017, crossed the landmark of processing 500,000 applications in a single month and now aims to serve 50,000 citizens per day in the financial year 2017-18.
By employing 4800 youths of Punjab in Sewa Kendra Project, BLS International has not only provided employment to them but also inculcated discipline by enforcing company uniforms and fixed working hours. BLS has instilled a rigor to the service standards and has helped them in several ways as listed below:
1. Training: BLS has trained the youth to become professionals in operating I.T/ Non I.T equipment, customer handling and developing their soft skills.
2. Discipline: The youth have been inculcated a sense of discipline in their lives which will stand them in good stead during their professional career.
3. Use of latest technology: BLS employees use the latest technology for project management and by gaining experience on these areas, they have enhanced their market value substantially.
4. Livelihood to 4800 families: By providing employment BLS International has secured the future of not only 4800 youths but their families as well.
5. A family with pan Punjab presence: The employees have become a part of BLS International family with pan Punjab presence.
E-governance fully operational
BLS International has activated all the 2,147 Sewa Kendras and also taken over the management of the erstwhile Suwidha Kendras previously run by the Government much ahead of the given timeframe since winning the contract in May, 2016. BLS International deployed state-of-art technology to secure and maintain sensitive citizen data and the personal details.
These Sewa Kendras will provide 223 types of services to its citizens, when fully operational; of these, only 79 are being provided currently. Some of the services being provided through these Sewa Kendras are:
Affidavit Attestation, Birth and Death Certificate, Payment of Property tax, Evaluation of landed/immovable property, Issue of Income certificate, Nationality and nativity certificate, Sanction for social security benefits to old age, handicapped, widow, Sanction of building plans, Transfer of ownership, Registration / Solemnization of Marriage under Marriage Acts, All services related to Arms, Argriculture services related to seeds / fertilizers / insecticides, Caste Services ( SC/BC/ OBC), Collection of Bills ( BSNL and PSPCL ), Aadhar related and Passport related services